- Online space getting you down?
- Want to write new material and develop your performance?
- Performing stand up comedy, presenting online or speaking in public for the first time?
- Nervous about using humour?
- Then this workshop needs YOU!
Lynne Parker, the founder of Funny Women, has been running her workshops for over 10 years and has adapted her popular Stand Up to Stand Out format for the online space. This is a great introduction for comedy ‘first timers’ or if you need a ‘reboot’ to revisit and refine your material.
We’ve witnessed the genesis of many comedy careers here at Funny Women Awards. We’ve also helped hundreds of women to gain the confidence to perform on stage and in the boardroom. With the notion of ‘performance’ changing to virtual platforms, this is what we will cover:
- Build confidence to perform online or in person
- Develop your personal style or ‘persona’
- Introduce techniques to create new material
- Advice on how to ‘up your game’
Here’s what past participants say:
“Thanks for a fabulous experience I had a wonderful two hours! I was also blown away by your lovely comments I really never expected anyone to think I had any talent!”
“Thank you so much for your inspiration and the confidence we gained from the workshop.”
“Thank you for hosting a fabulous session on Saturday – the turn out and commitment to everything was great and demonstrates to me how invaluable Funny Women is in showcasing and developing female led comedy.”
This is a two hour workshop and numbers are limited. You will need access to Zoom and there will be an opportunity to work together in pairs or ‘rooms’ to develop your ideas.
Become a new Funny Friend now and take part in this workshop free of charge!
Half price for signed up Funny Friends and members of The Groucho Club.